Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Yahoo mail shows different profile

• Please log in to reply

rizqe

rizqe

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

I'm asking this for a friend.

Since a few months ago when she logs into her Yahoo mail account the name displayed there is "Lyric" instead of hers, and shows a picture of a woman in a position not comfortable to look at. :) My friend also can't edit her Yahoo profile. We suspect it could be a hacker, or maybe malware...

She has SuperAntiSpyware, McAfee, Windows Defender. Her last scan was today, with SuperAntiSpyware, nothing came up.

Her specs:
Windows Vista Home Premium, Service Pack 1
Dell Inspiron MXC061
Processor: Inter ® Core™ 2 CPU T5200 @1.60Hz 1.60 GHz
RAM: 2.50 GB
System type: 32-bit operating system

She's had this problem for quite a long time now, and we can't find anything online to help us get rid of it. We'd love any suggestion for a fix.

I'm not sure if it was ok to attach screenshots of the Yahoo e-mail account. I'm sorry if I broke any rules. (>.<)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thank you!!

Advertisements