My grandfather recently got a custom built computer from a friend of his. It looks really nice with a see through case that has a bright blue LED light on it.
However, the computer spontaneously shuts down when the printer USB cord is connected to one of the ports. From what I have read I suspect that a faulty power supply may be the cause. It would make sense to me since the blue light must already draw a great deal of power from the computer and the computer only shuts off when another USB device is attached. However, I would like to hear everyone's opinions anyway before I run out and buy anything.
Also, a 'USB overloaded' message apparently used to pop up too when the printer was attached. This would be a problem with the power supply too right? And if the USB is ever overloaded is it damaged?
I apologize if the answer here is obvious but I'm still new to installing computer hardware and the like and I want to be cautious.