Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Revit Architecture 2009 doesn't work

• Please log in to reply

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Hi,

couldn't figure out how to install it. Sorry about my computer ineptness!

That's actually my fault. I said just download and run it but you cant do that. Most links from there are just straight .exe files and don't require any special attention but in this case it does. Sorry about that.

I'm going to try and find another driver for you so bear with me for that. You require extra software to install he product i linked to, something which would be fairly complicated. Ive no idea why they have made their drive so complicated to install. Anyhow bear with me.

When you installed the directx did it say it had installed anything or did you already have the up to date version?

Also what seems to be the problem with the USB version?
Take a look at This Guide and see if it helps you anymore. There is a bit more involved in making a USB pen bootable for memtest. So if you stuck on that i would maybe try the CD versions.

We will get there soon :)

Advertisements

jsawt2

jsawt2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
It took a while to install the directx update so i am pretty sure it updated it. I thought i remembered it updating but I couldn't be 100% sure.

I'm trying to get the memtest working...I tried following the instructions on that link you gave me but after I change the BIOS settings the computer just reboots normally. I'll keep trying and look into the CD version.

Thanks

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Ok probably did update then.

As for the BIOS make sure you are leaving with the correct key. For example pressing F10 to save changes and exit. Make sure you are not just exiting. Also making sure that USB is the first boot device and that the USB stick is plugged in before turning on the PC.

After that i would go with the CD version. Its just a download and burn and then pretty much that's it. Maybe a quick BIOS change if it doesn't boot straight away.

I'm currently enquiring about the driver so i'll wait until we have the memtest results before i look deeper.

By the way have you been trying Revit during this process to make sure its still not working?

jsawt2

jsawt2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Well i got the USB version working, but apparently the computer froze on test 4. I wasn't here but that's what i was told. This was after over 9 hours of running in which it was working properly. The person shut the computer down so will i just have to run the test again?
And yeah i have been trying Revit, nothing different at the moment, but i'll check after i finish writing this post and tell you if there's anything different.

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Yes i would run it again. You need really at least 7 passes more like 8 or 9 to say you have properly tested the RAM. The fact that its frozen isn't such great news.

Can i ask also how you managed to get the USB version going? Just for future reference if someone else has a problem i can remember what you did :)

However just to check you are only running Memtest with 1 stick of RAM installed aren't you. It will only run with one stick of RAM plugged in as it needs to test each individually.

Edited by rev_olie, 21 July 2009 - 05:49 AM.

jsawt2

jsawt2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Ok, so i got 8 passes and the tests began to start again after running for about 7-8 hours so i press ESC to reboot the computer. I change my BIOS settings to boot from the hard drive again and my computer starts. then i think, how do i actually get the results?
The problem i had with the USB version is that i didn't change my BIOS settings, once i did that (by pressing DEL at start up) it worked like a charm.
I'm pretty sure there's only one stick of RAM.

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Ah did you not note down the results? :) Woops

Ok well when it was running did you get any red entries like this:

Posted Image

They may not be exactly the same but were there any red ones?
And you waited untill test #8...

Edited by rev_olie, 21 July 2009 - 03:33 PM.

jsawt2

jsawt2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Yeah i was watching it and it finished test #8 and then started again.
There were definitely no red entries. One thing i noticed though is that there was nothing next to Chipset, don't know if that means anything...
Sorry about not taking the results...I thought it would record them to a file on the USB or something like that... :S

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Oh its fine don't worry :).
Generally with memtest if its red its dead so with there being no red entries then its doubtful its a RAM issue.

Memtest not displaying the information to is not an uncommon problem. There has been a few glitches in the software that stops that from happening so its nothing to worry about.

So why isn't revit working? Its bugging me now :) :)

Ok the HP driver update is back online so we will try that again. :lol: Ive been checking every day and could never get access. Anyhow Click This Link. This will take you to the HP download page. I know yours may not be a HP but its just general. In fact i never asked the model of your PC. Can you post the model number when you reply please :happy: must have missed that.

Anyhow click the link then choose Download Only form the HP page. Then download it to your desktop and install. This time you can just click and run it :rolleyes: and see what happens.

Edited by rev_olie, 22 July 2009 - 03:02 AM.

jsawt2

jsawt2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Well, I run the update...and i get this message, "update is not applicable for this PC"
ummm, model number? here's the dxdiag report, is it on there?
Attached File  small.bmp   205.7KB   272 downloads

Advertisements

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Hmm OK then i'll have to search again,

When i meant the model number i mean is it say a Dell or a HP etc and then the product number will be on a sticker somewhere on the case of the PC for example i know certain Dell PCs have a white sticker at the back and Dell laptops have it on the battery.

It will say something like
P/N 0XXXX XXX XXXXX
S/N 0XXXX XXX XXXXX

With the X being a string of numbers. Something like that.

jsawt2

jsawt2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
OK sorry again for my lack of knowledge...
Is this waht you wanted?
MIP54258DLH
S/N 060529-0066
Date code: 0707

jsawt2

jsawt2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
o and it's a MITAC!

desktop

Edited by jsawt2, 22 July 2009 - 04:47 AM.

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Erm no results for any of that I'm afraid.

Ok we will just stick with what make is the PC? we may be able to find a drive specific for you there.
EDIT: Sorry just saw your last post, is there any way you could find me a pciture or something to link to. I could do to narrow things down a bit

Edited by rev_olie, 22 July 2009 - 04:50 AM.

jsawt2

jsawt2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
hmmm can't seem to find a picture at all...is there anything else that might help?