Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

a good entertainment and gaming laptop

• Please log in to reply

lindseyfox

lindseyfox

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I know nothing about computers and my son has asked for a laptop, mainly to be used for games and entertainment. He is 8 years old and when I ask sales people about which laptop would be suitable for his needs they reply mainly that a certain model should be "good enough" for him. I would like something fast, with sufficient memory and high resolution, however and not just a laptop that is "good enough"! To complicate matters he said that he prefers a netbook (maybe the right name- a minilaptop). I can't think playing games on a 10" screen would be fun, but are there any models that would work for him? I've found a topic that covered this question, but it was posted over a year ago and things have probably changed since then.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Netbooks are not where it's at for gaming. Neither are notebooks (laptops) for that matter, either. But there are some model notebooks that aren't too bad. A desktop would give the best performance for your dollar, but then it's not as easily portable.

What's the budget you have for this?

And welcome :)

Troy

lindseyfox

lindseyfox

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I'd really prefer a notebook (portability). My budget is around $500-$600. Thanks for your help!