Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Read Only on Zip drive!

• Please log in to reply

charmin

charmin

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
HELP!!!
I was trying to help my husband put a file from his desktop to a zip drive as his DVD drive doesn't work. Well, I did it successfully, BUT now when you go to the files it comes up as a READ ONLY!! HE said I sure hope that you can get it fixed b/c I REALLY need those files!! I sure hope that someone can help me out here! I have never had that to happen as I use a jump/zip drive all the time.... I REALLY NEED TO GET THIS taken care of an put the file back on to his computer!! When you go to the program on his computer, it comes up just like the program has never been used before and you have to start all over again! I am desperate, what can I do to get this zip drive to go back on to the computer in that program and work like it did B4 I d/l it to the zip???? PLEASE HELP!!
He is running WIN XP, the program is called MY MAIL LIST and has about 6 years of info on there and he was backing it up to the dvd drive, but it hasn't worked in a little bit. PLEASE HELP ME OUT HERE!!!
Thanks
sandy

Advertisements