Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

really stupid question but i need to ask

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

☼ Klutz ☼

☼ Klutz ☼

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Are passwords on windows xp stored in some kind of hash file that I can find on my computer? Im asking because i set a password for my account and i honestly cant remember what it was. i dont know how i forgot because i usually use the same thing all the time but i cant remember it. anyway, i tried booting in safe mode and removing the password but since apparently im the admin on the computer i cant remove it without a password. can someone please help me find my password so i can change/remove it

[SOLVED]

Edited by ☼ Klutz ☼, 12 July 2009 - 07:34 PM.

Advertisements

☼ Klutz ☼

☼ Klutz ☼

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
didnt know how to delete my post so im just going to write. [SOLVED]

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
just so others reading this know... BIOS or Operating System's passwords are there for the purpose related to Security and Privacy to protect the legitimate owner of a machine. While there are many locations on the Internet that might help you learn about managing passwords for a machine's BIOS or Operating System, we at G2G do not assist in what amounts to hacking past a machine's Security and Privacy safeguards

thanks