Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

unmountable_boot_volume

• Please log in to reply

m2kito

m2kito

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ese es el mensaje que tengo en mi laptop, no la puedo arrancar de ninguna forma no me da DOS para entrar al disco duro, tengo windows xp en una dell latitude.

gracias por la ayuda

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Translated

that is the message I have in my laptop, I can not boot in any way gives me not to enter the DOS disk, I have Windows XP on a Dell Latitude.

thanks for the help

Are we going to do this in English or Spanish, because my Spanish is non existent. I had to run this thru a translator.

Do you have a XP install disk or a recovery CD? You need the install CD for this.
If so....
STOP 0x000000ED UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME Error Message When You Restart Your Computer

1. Make sure the computer is set to BOOT from the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive. If this has not yet been done you will need to configure the computer to boot from the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive.

2. Insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into your CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive, and then restart your computer.

3. When you receive the "Press any key to boot from CD" message, press a key to start your computer from the Windows XP CD-ROM.

4. When you receive the "Welcome to Setup" message, press R to start the Recovery Console.

5. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you have to use from the Recovery Console.

6. When you are prompted, type the administrator password, and then press ENTER.
* Note: If you do not have one, just press ENTER.

7. At the command prompt, type chkdsk /r and then press ENTER.

8. Once it has completed, type exit, and then press ENTER to quit Recovery Console

Try to boot into windows

m2kito

m2kito

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hi, i did that but still with the same problem, im doing now a chkdsk/p and now is showing that the system have one or more errors on the volume. how i can fix this???