Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer problems that i cant figure out

• Please log in to reply

baddagger

baddagger

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok i had a couple bad computer virus's in my pc(im using my laptop now to make this post) and i reformated my hard drive with my widows xp disk. when everything was done for some weird reason i could not go online. my computer was telling me there was no netword device. wich was weird cause before i formated harddrive i was online. So i tried to install a driver for it, nothing changed. so i deiced to try to do a nother reformat but wiht my windows vista disk this time instead, but after when i go threw the install and the computer reboots i just get a black screen and i can see the mouse pointer on the screen. so i decieded to throw in a differnt hard drive to see maybe it was screwed up. same thing happend... so now i have no clue what to do?

i also thought maybe it could have been my router but im online now talk to you guys with my laptop using the same rj45 cable that i had hooked up to my pc.

oh and also when i put the rj45 cable into the slot on my pc the light turns on ....so i dont belive it screwed up..and i have 2 slots to put in a rj45 cable and same thing happens in both of them

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi baddagger ...welcome to Geeks To Go... :)
when you got to this point...

and i reformated my hard drive with my widows xp disk. when everything was done for some weird reason i could not go online. my computer was telling me there was no netword device

thats when you should have contacted us for help...it was just a matter of installing the right driver for you to be able to connect to the internet...give me the make and model of your computer...I will send you a link to get ALL the drivers for your computer...you will download them to her system...burn them to a cd...then start all over again installing xp and using the drivers cd you burned ...install the necessary drivers so your computer is fully functional ...and yes that includes connecting to the internet...