Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

pc crashes while watching movies

• Please log in to reply

lire

lire

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I was watching a movie a while ago when suddenly, 15 minutes from the start of the film, it froze for seconds then it restarted. Then it showed me a window which says that the computer went on an unexpected shutdown, followed by another window which says the system has been recovered from a serious error. Also, I saw that it told me something about a drive named NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64.

Well, it happened sometimes before, but this time, it restarted once more, then did the same thing, and yes, restarted again. Did the same thing for about 4 four times until I decided to turn off the power switch. I let the pc rest for some minutes, then turned it on again. It showed me a lot of windows messages which shows the same things. But thankfully, it didn't restart.

I went to watching the same movie again, it crashed and kept restarting again. Yes, it was really annoying.

I tried another movie, and I was about to end the first cd when it crashed, and yes, restarted again.

What bugs me is that yesterday, I went to watch a film (not the same) and it was continuous till the end.

What's up with this? I am pretty sure it's not the films which were having problems. What can I do to fix this? And does this have something to do with NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64? (what is this for anyway)

Hope you people can help me :']! I really have no clue and this should be fixed immediately :'[ Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
go to start, my computer, right click, manage and look at the event viewer. Look at the events at the time of your problem. Right click, properties and it will tell you the details of the error. You can also send a report to M$ and view their knowledge base for additional clues as to what may be the cause and how to fix it.

On the surface, it looks like it could be a problem with the video driver. If that is the case, get the latest driver for your video card. Then get driver cleaner at http://www.drivercleaner.net/ Then go to ad/remove programs, remove your current video driver. Then boot into safe mode, run driver cleaner TWICE. Delete all that it finds. Then reboot, install the current driver.