Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Custom Update Disk

• Please log in to reply

xeus

xeus

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I am looking for a way to create a custom Windows XP Update Disk. I want to be able to somehow make an ISO image or Setup file that will automatically install all Post-SP2 Windows XP Updates, Service Pack 3 and all Post-SP3 Updates. I have the updates downloaded but I want to be able to somehow install all of them with one program, "one-click install" so-to-say. Is this possible? I know that there are other options out there such as PatchMate but I do not know about all of them and I do now know which is the best or most reliable. I know that using Windows Update website is suggested and recommended but I am attempting to create backup images of my hard drive for distribution on a new computer. I already have it set to ask for a License Key for Windows upon load so it is not illegal and will not allow others to use a pirated version of the operating system.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
it USED to be doable by using autopacker...but MS shut them down and anyone else that offered a service similar...they want you to get your updates from MS or not at all

xeus

xeus

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Technically they are still coming from MS but a different installation method that bypasses the Genuine Advantage Validation method. They want to ensure that their updates are installed on Activated, Legal copies of Windows. I know of PatchMate, AutoPatcher, Unofficial Update Packs, Windows Updates Downloader and a few others that I can't think of that are still around and MS has yet to shut down. Any suggestions as to which is the best and/or easiest to use?

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Autopatcher was an excellent tool, but yeah that got squashed.

You can use nlite or vlite if your using vista and use something like Ryan's VM pack to slipstream all the updates into the disc.

xeus

xeus

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
The only problem is finding every update. I want every update (well, recommended and high priority updates) for Windows XP and scouring the internet looking for all of them is quite a hassle.

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
http://integrator.si...ex.php?download

All the updates in a pack.