Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Printing Kinda Works

• Please log in to reply

Tissue

Tissue

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Well my sister just got her college laptop today and she wanted me to set it up wireless to the printer. I have the network set up and i enabled Share This Printer under the sharing tab. Then i used my lexmark 2500 cd to connect the printer to the wireless network. For some reason tho when i click print it sends the file to my main desktop, then prints? You have to click continue printing becuase it says our black ink is low. Shouldnt it say that on the laptop? then print directly to the Printer. Any Ideas? thanks before hand

Edited by Tissue, 19 July 2009 - 04:04 PM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if you're sharing the printer from your desktop then this is actually normal behavior.... since your desktop is acting as a print server.....you should be able to disable the notifications in the printer set up though...you'll need to look through the manual to find out how to do that...that would stop the printer from asking before printing

alternately...you could get a print server for your printer....they've got several USB and LPT print servers on the market...basically it just gives your printer an IP address and you can plug it directly into your router/switch/hub/network device....then you would install it as a local printer on the machine that needs to print to it...then all messages would show up there