Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to delete files within GeSwall?

• Please log in to reply

BMTHmisfit

BMTHmisfit

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Ive downloaded and installed geswall. Been using it for 2 days and have had no problems at all, its a great app and I will probably remove my oldschool security apps because their is no need for them now.
But anyway, I want to know how you delete infected files you download off the internet when geswall catches them. I haven't had a infection yet, but from what i have seen on youtube, the only option you get for files you know that are infected is "terminate", now thats good that the infected file isnt running in ram, but i dont want the infected file/s just sitting in my pc when their terminated.
So what I want to know is, when they are terminated are the infected/isolated files stored or delette once you would terminate them.

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
From what I have read this is a firewall application. I would still run a virus scanner and a malware and spyware scanner, but that is your choice.
Some of the literature also states "For advanced users only". As I went through the manual, there seemed to be a lot of manipulation of the software and programs that were trusted/untrusted. I dumped Comodo for the same reason. There was to much "hands on" for me. But then again, it might be fine for some users.

Section 7.6 talks about "untrusted files" in a console. You have to scan for them and then decide what you want to do with them.
GeSwall Manual.

BMTHmisfit

BMTHmisfit

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Hi,
no GeSwall is not a firewall. It can be tried to be made into one, but its primary use is to block malware.
You see geswall works by setting (EXAMPLE) a web browser as UNTRUSTED or SAFE. When an application (email client, browser,P2P) is set like that anything that downloads, be it malware, email or legit app is cut off from your system and not able to do anything unless you allow it to. For example I would go in firefox and get caught by a drive by virus, now what would normally happen is that the virus would appear on you system and you wouldnt even know it came through your browser, what geswall does is alert you if its known malware and if it isnt it will contain it and tell you have downloaded and wait for your decision.

So basically its a HIPS program and its the future of antivirus.

But please if anyone knows my question please reply!