Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with ALL web browsers

• Please log in to reply

JoshyFTSK

JoshyFTSK

• Pip
  • 4 posts
My problem is thus... I'm not sure of the Cause but suddenly without warning my Internet Explorer web browser stopped working. I switched to firefox and for a while i shrugged it off and continued with my browsing. However all of a sudden my firefox stopped working too, i tried using safari and crome but those stopped working as well, I was however able to use limewires browser and still am. This is my last resort, if a solution isnt found, then the only thing left to do is reformat my computer, with i would rather not do. Any help is appreciated, feel free to ask for any more details.

Advertisements

BMTHmisfit

BMTHmisfit

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Hi,
So you can open the browser and you get the error about not being able to connect or you are unable to open the browsers at all? Seeing you have limewire installed, it could be a virus related problem as malware comes through limewire alot. Is their anything else wrong with the pc? any alerts or speed differences?

JoshyFTSK

JoshyFTSK

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Um yes i can still open the browsers but they dont connect, and i dont think its a problem from limewire as ive had that for a long time now. Also none of the many antivirus scanners i have have found anything, including the powerful Malwarebytes', though i could be wrong. And no apart from that there are no other software related problems with my computer. Any ideas on how to fix the problem?

Edited by JoshyFTSK, 20 July 2009 - 09:04 AM.

BMTHmisfit

BMTHmisfit

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Mmmmmm well the only things I can think of is their could be a problem with your ISP but that doesnt explain how you can browse the web with the limewire browser.

What about your firewall? Maybe theirs something wrong within their, like closed ports?
Check that and reply back :)

JoshyFTSK

JoshyFTSK

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Well i tried with my firewalls off and it still didnt work so i dont think thats the problem...

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
Welcome to Geeks To Go

My name is Cbarnard

You may in fact have a malware problem. Please click here on malware and spyware cleaning guide follow the instructions there.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself.
If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty

Click here then start a NEW topic and post the requested logs in THAT forum.
Once the malware technicians have cleared out any infection and given you a clean bill of health, if the problem continues then feel free to post back here and we can investigate the problem even more.

Thank you and Good Luck

Cbarnard