Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Error with internet connection

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I cannot connect to internet via IE7 - I get this message in the browser window no matter what website I try to go to: http://slirsredirect...y=www.yahoo.com
I followed the diagnose connection problems in IE7 and it said there is a problem with the Winsock provider catalog. I let it reset the catalog and restarted, to no avail.
ALso I am getting an error with ZOnealarm that I dont have a root certificate, but I think that has happened as a result of retting the catalog. I have run spyware removal, registry cleaners, removed all temp internet files, etc, but nothing is helping. All other computer programs are running fine.
Can someone help me? Seems like it has something to do with aol, but I removed that long ago.

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
Are you using the Norton Firewall, try this, click start then run, and type "netsh winsock reset" and press ok, then do the same thing and type "netsh winsock reset catalog" and then reboot.