Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error with internet connection

• Please log in to reply

briancm

briancm

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I cannot connect to internet via IE7 - I get this message in the browser window no matter what website I try to go to: http://slirsredirect...y=www.yahoo.com
I followed the diagnose connection problems in IE7 and it said there is a problem with the Winsock provider catalog. I let it reset the catalog and restarted, to no avail.
ALso I am getting an error with ZOnealarm that I dont have a root certificate, but I think that has happened as a result of retting the catalog. I have run spyware removal, registry cleaners, removed all temp internet files, etc, but nothing is helping. All other computer programs are running fine.
Can someone help me? Seems like it has something to do with aol, but I removed that long ago.

Advertisements

mike171562

mike171562

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
Are you using the Norton Firewall, try this, click start then run, and type "netsh winsock reset" and press ok, then do the same thing and type "netsh winsock reset catalog" and then reboot.