Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

e drive,system restore problems

• Please log in to reply

deedeeangel

deedeeangel

• Pip
  • 4 posts

help please i bought a mini disk player it came with a cd to download,i put it into my e drive and i did not see anything happen so i went into my programs because the guide said to remove other things to do with music and i removed sonic plus and sonic mananger.result .my media player says to attach a cd burner, which before i had a built in cd burner, my e and d drives are missing, my restore disk does not work and there are several other programs are gone or not working

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hello deedeeangel.... Welcome to GeeksToGo, :) :) :)
Have you tried to restore the system back a couple of days before this issue started?
To do this follow the next set of instructions,

To do a System Restore follow these steps:

· Click Start and then to All Programs
· Scroll to Accessories and then System Tools
· Click on System Restore
· A Welcome screen will come up and you need to click on Restore My Computer To A Earlier Date
· Then click on Next
· Now you will see in the window Select A Restore Point. From here select a date a couple of days before the problem started.
· Then click Next
· On the Confirm Restore Point Selection window verify the Restore Point you chose is correct.
· Close all open programs and click Next
· The computer will now automatically shut down and reboot. When it restarts you will see ”Restoration Complete” page and then click OK
· Once you have made sure that everything is now running correctly then please reply back with the results.

Edited by rshaffer61, 19 July 2009 - 02:11 AM.

deedeeangel

deedeeangel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i shut off system restore rebooted then created a restore point and then turned it on and rebooted it says it restored it back to before all this trouble started,but i still have no e drive or d drive or cd burner and all thatg when i right click on these drives it says insert disk/

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What was on the disk that came with the mini disk player?
I'm confused alittle.
How can you right click on one of the drives if it doesn't appear in My Computer or Windows Explorer

deedeeangel

deedeeangel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
cd for mini disk says sonic stage openmg netmd version 1.5u, the drive are there but says insert disk when i right click also when i check disk space they show full.sorry i am so confuseing, i dont know to much about computers.thanks for helping me.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
So E and D drives are disc players if I understand you correctly?

Found this while researching. Go HERE and start from post A440.
See if that works for you.
The Sonic Stage is needed for the mini disc to operate correctly.

deedeeangel

deedeeangel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
before loading the walkman cd,my e drive opened in my media player, it was used to burn cds , my d drive was dvd these drives was cd/rom .use for cds also i had a cd burner ,now the drives are there but i can no longer burn cds or load programs.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Just to settle my own suspicions...

I suggest you go to the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post the reguested logs in THAT forum. If you are unable to run any of the tools then start a new topic in the malware forum and put this in the subject line...I am unable to run any malware tools

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here