Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BOOT PROBLEM

• Please log in to reply

masaloi

masaloi

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Arc Firware boot configuration problem did not properly generate ARC for HAL and system paths is the message I get on bootup.

I have however found that waht is happening is that on boot it goes into Floppy.

I have gone into the boot section F8 and changed it to boot from HD C: then on boot it boots OK.

The problem is that on next boot it repeats the same ARC FIRMWARE problem so I do a repeat in the boot section F8.

For whatever reason when I change it to boot to HD C: it does not remain locked in to that setting but keeps reverting back to boot from floppy.

All help appreciated.
Thanks.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
After setting boot sequence are you clicking F10 to save and exit and then click yes to verify save and exit?

masaloi

masaloi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
In the boot menu there is no provision for F10 only Esc or Enter the bios of course has F10 but not the Boot menu

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
That's what I'm saying
Once you make the boot sequence changes, Then click the F10 key to save and exit.
There will be a little screen that pops up asking if you are sure.
Click Y to accept
The system should reboot with the saved settings

masaloi

masaloi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
In the BOOT MENU there is no provision for F10 only Esc or Enter and that is where I go each time to make the necessary change.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Not in the boot menu
Make the changes
once changes are made
click F10..
If there is no F10 then you have to look at the bottom of the screen and see what key combo is the save and exit.
If you don't save and exit the changes will not take affect.

masaloi

masaloi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
rshaffer61
Thanks for taking the time to assist, but as I've said there is NO provision in the boot menu to follow your recomendations.