Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MSN9 and Internet Connection Sharing

• Please log in to reply

slimpickens

slimpickens

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Greetings. I am running DialUp MSN9 on a PC and a laptop in an XP env. I want to set up ICS with the PC as the host. I have done this. The laptop still always wants to dial out. Ideally, I want two connection options on the laptop; standalone dial out when the PC is offline and an ICS connection when the PC has an internet connection. Should I create a generic connectoid on the laptop and set it to "Never Dial out"? MSN-ICS seems like reasonable functionality. Can anyone point me in the right direction? TIA. Regards.

Advertisements

John_Doe

John_Doe

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
I would create a generic dial up connection settings. Call it whatever you like. Then set the options to your likeness. It seems like you know what you are doing. Also make sure you disable the auto dial on the laptop or delete the current dial up account. Dial up accounts only consiste of username and password, so this should be easy to create a new account for your needs right now.