Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how to change system manufacturer

• Please log in to reply

sokka

sokka

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
Hi,
I have built my own computer. So when I goto Computer>System Properties>Windows Experience Index>View and Print Details, under 'System Manufacturer' it says system manufacturer and under 'System Model' it says the name of my motherboard. Is it possible to change these values to my own info or is the information stored in the BIOS? I have tried changing the registry to change 'OEM information' but that only changed the information in Computer>System Properties.
Any answers would be appreciated.
Sokka

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
The registry key that holds the changes that needs to be made can be found here:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\OEMInformation

Note: If this key does not exist, you can download the following registry file, which you will want to edit before double-clicking to add into the registry.

full guide available here:http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/customize-the-manufacturer-support-info-in-windows-vista/

Posted Image

You can modify the following fields and put any values you’d like into them, with the exception of the Logo key, which you probably shouldn’t change.

* Manufacturer
* SupportHours
* SupportPhone
* SupportURL
* Logo

he last important step is to either create or modify a bitmap file stored at the location specified in the Logo key, usually set to:

C:\Windows\System32\oemlogo.bmp

For best results, you’ll want to use a small logo file, preferably somewhere around 100×100 height/width. Also note that copying the file to that folder will require administrative permissions.

sokka

sokka

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
I had already tried changing the registry to change 'OEM information' but that only changed the information in Computer>System Properties not Computer>System Properties>Windows Experience Index>View and Print Details. Is it possible to change these values to my own info or is the information stored in the BIOS?
Thanks,
Sokka

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
not possible to change the other info. The other info is pulled from the hw level.

sokka

sokka

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
OK Thankyou anyway