Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Newbie with question about google search history

• Please log in to reply

swade

swade

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I'll make this quick. Wife has an iphone, I have a blackberry curve. How can a google search I made on my BB show up on her google history on her iphone? Dont even know if this is the right forum, but thought I would give it a shot. Thanks

Advertisements

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
? I don't think I understand the question. And if I do I'm confused..

You want your search history, from your BlackBerry, on her IPhone? May I ask why?

I don't think this is possible.. If it is I surely don't know how. Maybe with a PC and remote access.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Do the two of you share a Google account?

swade

swade

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

? I don't think I understand the question. And if I do I'm confused..

You want your search history, from your BlackBerry, on her IPhone? May I ask why?

I don't think this is possible.. If it is I surely don't know how. Maybe with a PC and remote access.

I'll clarify... I made a google search on my BB and it showed up on my wifes iphone google search history.
We dont share google acounts, I dont have one , but on occasion she will use my BB to check her google mail account.

swade

swade

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Do the two of you share a Google account?

We dont share google acounts, I dont have one , but on occasion she will use my BB to check her google mail account

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
Oh sorry, I totally missed the Google part of this equation.. I thought you meant regular browsing history.

So you don't want this to happen I assume? From the first post I thought you were trying to make it happen.

It occurred because when she last checked her Gmail on your BB, she was kept signed in. Then when you searched for whatever, it kept it in her google account history. You can prevent this from happening by making sure you aren't signed in when you search. If you are, it will show up in the top right of the Google Main Page. You can sign out from there as well.

Attached Thumbnails

• asdf.png

swade

swade

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Oh sorry, I totally missed the Google part of this equation.. I thought you meant regular browsing history.

So you don't want this to happen I assume? From the first post I thought you were trying to make it happen.

It occurred because when she last checked her Gmail on your BB, she was kept signed in. Then when you searched for whatever, it kept it in her google account history. You can prevent this from happening by making sure you aren't signed in when you search. If you are, it will show up in the top right of the Google Main Page. You can sign out from there as well.

I see said the blind man. Thank you

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
No problem. There shouldn't be anything to hide I hope, as you are married. Just annoying eh?