Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hosting provider with large E-mail attachment allowance

• Please log in to reply

adams0423

adams0423

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
I have used (and been happy with) GoDaddy hosting for a few years. I have a client now who needs to be able to send/receive E-mail attachments of 50MB (GD allows only 20MB).

Does anyone have a hosting provider that allows this in their E-mail package?

Many thanks

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
yeah....have them set up an in house exchange system...then they can set the file size limit

i don't know of any online or externally based mail systems that allow more than 25mb attachments (even Gmail...which is up to 7gb of free storage and counting only allows 25mb as the max size)

a couple of other alternatives would be to A) compress the files (though 50% compression on anything but a text file is going to be rare) B) set them up with an FTP server for the bigger files