Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BitDefender is a pain to uninstall, help!

• Please log in to reply

tricoven

tricoven

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hi guys, lately I've been pissed with this BitDefender Internet Security 2008 because it's so hard to uninstall, it just won't uninstall itself.

Anyway, I uninstalled it at first but it won't, it says you need permission, but I am the administrator of the laptop.

Second, I tried Perfect Uninstaller and just made things worse. The files are still there but unlike before, I can't even run the built in uninstaller because it said it was corrupt.

Any way I can freaking delete this program already? It was not working at first that's why I tried removing it so that I can replace it with a decent one.

I also tried downloading the 2009 one hoping that it will just overwrite the files and I can go from there but all I get are errors because it just won't let me.

It's like a spyware or somewhere. I hate this program already.

Anyway, help please! This is giving me a total nightmare. I couldn't use this said laptop because the security of it is atrocious thanks to this application.

Thanks in advance. (Sorry I'm just really pissed with this nonsense)

Also this laptop was not mine first, so I am doing my best to do everything without reformatting it (I don't have time).

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Tricoven,

I understand that you're frustrated, but please watch your language in your posts. This is a family-friendly site.

Have you tried the BitDefender Removal Tool? There's a link and instructions on that page.