Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AOL software help

• Please log in to reply

diggeryo

diggeryo

• PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
I've been searching since late last night how to perform the following two things, if even possible. I hope someone here would know how to do it:

1. I have AOL 9.1 installed on my computer. Short of uninstalling and reinstalling, is there any way to delete the screen name choices it gives me in the drop down menu when I go to log on, and then add another account? (To be clear, I don't want to cancel the screen names. I just want to delete them from the drop down list.)

2. My wife and I have two seperate screen names on two serparate AOL accounts from before we were married. In other words, one screen name is not "under" the other screen name, and we do pay two separate monthly fees. What we'd like to do is cancel one of the monthly fees, and merge it's screen name with the other account. Meaning the two screen names would be under the same account, costing us only one fee per month, yet we would still have access to both of them. Is this possible?

By the way, completely getting rid of AOL is not an option, as I need access to dial up accounts for work purposes.

thanks for any help,
mike.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
getting rid of AOL is your best option (i have to say it by default)...of course if you can't do that..

for question 2...you're going to need to contact AOL directly for that....since the screen name you want to "merge" onto the other account is in use...it would have to be canceled before it could be used again....the AOL people (in theory...they're all pretty dense) SHOULD be able to just transfer the screen name off of one account and add it to the other then at the same time cancel the unused account

question 1.....might as well ask them while you've got them on the phone right?