Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

potential Malware

• Please log in to reply

MANBOY

MANBOY

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi one and all,

I have been directed by the Malware staff and Broni from the Tech team to post this in this section:

Ive had my laptop for a year and a half and had no troubles. However when my laptop starts in normal mode and i log on, it goes to blue screen. Ive managed to stop it restarting so i can copy the message it sends. The error reads as

STOP: 0X0000008E (0X0000005) (0X8C93E8DB, 0X8E2BAFF8, 0X00000000)

i wondered if anyone would be able to help as i havent been able to access my laptop for about a week and have no idea how to resovlve the issue.

When i turn the laptop on in normal mode I have at the most 30 seconds before it goes to the blue screen.

I am currently sending these emails from a separate computer.

regards

James

The laptops a Dell XPS M1530 with dual core 2.0GHz pro, 2GB RAM, 250Gb HD and a Nivida card. Its got vista home 32bit

Advertisements