Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Webcam not working! sorry, no video something error.

• Please log in to reply

pseudophobic

pseudophobic

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi geeks :)

so i got cheap webcams. it's actually from my sister. since her pc rusted down. she gave it to me but without discs. 2 of them actually says the same error. even if my sister gives me the disc-yes i don't have any disks.

so i can find the driver from the internet though.. i already installed it without plugging it first.. and tried to open amcap.. but it pops and error saying "Sorry, You have no video something error"

please help me geeks. i don't wanna waste any money for buying a new webcam which doesn't have a good working success rate.. and i need the camera for my mom and dad to check up on me every now and then.. we are countries apart. my mom is on japan. my dad is on america. and i'm in ph.

and here is a screeny of stuffs that may help you guys find out the problem..
Posted Image
i'll be waiting for a response guys. thanks.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

you have no video something error

man that's helpful

i've got a problem with this thing that does some stuff

the error your screen capture is showing is stating that you've got no video capture hardware...which means you don't have a camera installed...which is because you don't have the driver disks for the cameras....you either need to get the disks for the cameras or you need to identify what make/model the cameras are and see if you can find the drivers for them online

pseudophobic

pseudophobic

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i already have the drivers of the webcam from the internet. you can read it on my post.

"so i can find the driver from the internet though.. i already installed it"

thanks for the respond. and please dsenette help me..