Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with Microsoft Outllook

• Please log in to reply

bada55

bada55

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Normally when replying to an email in Microsofts Outlook I click reply and that reply will be sent by the same email account it was received by. In other words if I opened a mail in my [email protected] account and clicked reply it would automatically be sent back from my [email protected] account.
For some unknown reason they are being returned from one of my other accounts. For eg. I would click reply from a mail I received in my [email protected] account and it would be sent from my [email protected] account instead.
My YYY@hot account is listed as my default account in settings.
I do not understand why this is happening with only 3 out of a possible 8 email accounts I have?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
It depends out what account you have set as default. if the yyy account is set to default then it should pick up that for the reply.

you should be able to go up to the top menu options in the reply message and change the send from account before hitting send.

starjax

bada55

bada55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

It depends out what account you have set as default.  if the yyy account is set to default then it should pick up that for the reply. 

you should be able to go up to the top menu options in the reply message and change the send from account before hitting send.

starjax

View Post

Yeah thanks I realise I can change the account to whichever one I want to send it from.....My point is ...

Even though my default account is YYY and always has been.... for the last 2 years whichever account of the 8 receives mail if I replied it automatically sent the reply from the same account I received it from which I thought was normal??
Now for some reason 3 of my accounts reply using my default account but only 3 of them, the others are as normal. :tazz:

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
have you deleted the 3 offending accounts and recreated them?

bada55

bada55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
I havent tried deleting them and reinstalling them but I have noticed something about them that may help....

If I reply from one of the 'offending' accounts to certain mails in my address book then they are still returned from that account like they always used to.....it seems for some reason it only happens when I reply to certain email addresses? Any ideas or do you think I should still try deleting first? :tazz: