Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Broadband connection SNR keeps dropping

• Please log in to reply

bimbobarbie

bimbobarbie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi thanks for the replies

The router is a netgear dg834N and is a new repacement only just over a month old I will try and get one of the snap choke and put it on the power lead to the desktop. Is the snap choke the same as the ferrite collar on the monitor cable if so themonitor cable has one.

I have been advised it might be rein but finding it difficult to detect if it is.

I have left the desktop switched on all night with the monitor switched off and the SNR did not drop enough to cause the synch to drop off, however during the day the SNR has dropped periodically and switching the monito off for a minute or two results in the SNR increasing it has now remained stable at about 6.5. So the monitor does seem to have some effect as by switching it off as SNR drops causes the SNR to increase.

If anyone has any further ideas I would be grateful

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

Is the snap choke the same as the ferrite collar on the monitor cable if so the monitor cable has one

yep... but put another one on...or try a different monitor

Edited by happyrock, 24 July 2009 - 09:34 AM.