Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB Problems - Help?

• Please log in to reply

ExplosiveHustla

ExplosiveHustla

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

I've just got a question about USB Ports, my computer started to freeze everytime I insert my USB Flash Drive, I'm not too sure why.

I have been using my Flash Drive for sometime now, and I haven't had any problems since, however today I tried it and my Computer froze and keept doing it.

I have tested the USB Flash Drive on another Computer, and it had no problems. I bought a new Flash Drive, and it has had the same problems.

I have also formatted the Computer to see if that helps, but I have had no luck. I have updated all my drivers and Windows Service Packs ect but still had no luck.

Would anyone know why this would be happening, any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
sounds like your usb ports are going out. have you tried anything else, like a usb mouse on them?

If it worked before, stopped working even after a format and reload then it has to be hw.

ExplosiveHustla

ExplosiveHustla

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

sounds like your usb ports are going out.  have you tried anything else, like a usb mouse on them?

If it worked before, stopped working even after a format and reload then it has to be hw.

View Post

The weird thing is, I have my Cable Internet USB plugged in, and it works. When I remove it to put in my Flash Drive it plays up ..I'm very confused and out of ideas.

Everyone I have spoken to has also run out of ideas ...seems very weird as I have never had these problems before.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
wierd. how about getting a usb add on card. that way you won't have to disconnect your usb. there are some compatability issues with usb 2.0 drives. they don't all work with non (legacy) usb systems. It could very be that a recent ms patch broke this on your pc.

Starjax