Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet prob after Wiping hard drive

• Please log in to reply

AGM_

AGM_

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My dad reinstalled windows xp on his machine but now cannot connect to the internet, when he runs the CD from NTL it says something like 'Ambit usb cable modem 351000 has not passed microsoft logo testing'

Any of you guys know how to resolve this problem? its beyond me.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Advertisements

dylangle3

dylangle3

• Pip
  • 8 posts
check you driver. Make sure that all your hardware drivers are all installed back.
by the way I am assuming your dad made a fresh installation of xp because if he just repaired it we are dealing other problem

Good luck!

NeonFx

NeonFx

Malware Removal Dude

• Expert
  • 3,798 posts
Hi there :)

When you perform a fresh install of Windows on a system you will need to obtain the necessary drivers for all the devices within and attached to your computer so that Windows knows how to talk to them.

Some drivers are generic and do not need to be installed manually while others are either installed automatically by Windows using its automatic update feature or need to be installed manually. For automatic updates to work, you will need internet connectivity. Your modem must have come with an installation CD. If you can find that and install it on the computer, that is the best way to solve your issue.

If not, you will need to locate the necessary driver ( http://driverzone.co...ice.php?id=4181 ) , transfer it to the system using a USB drive or something similar, and install it manually.