Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE and Firefox will not open.

• Please log in to reply

Neena0

Neena0

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I just fixed an issue with my Dell 530's automatic updates and finally got a load of updates it needed. After I downloaded everything (including IE8 I believe) I restarted and everything seemed fine. Only now any internet page I try to bring up won't open. Peroid. No 'Page cannot be displayed' or error message. The hourglass sometimes comes up for a few seconds then goes away like nothing happend. I've tried opening IE from the start menu, so it's not the icon or anything. My wireless connection is perfect. The same goes for Firefox, so it can't just be IE. I tried uninstalling Firefox to see if the two browsers were messing with each other. Nothing changed. Nothing comes up in the task manager. I recently got rid of a large amount of crap (the computer was a hand-me-down from a family member who had no idea how to take proper care of it) so my fear is it's some kind of virus, malware, worm, ect... or I somehow deleated a file I shouldn't have.
Any idea to what the issues is? Thanks a bunch.

Advertisements

Neena0

Neena0

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Nobody?