Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

bios problems

• Please log in to reply

josers300zx

josers300zx

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I Have a Intel D845PT Motherboard with Pentium 4 1.8 GHz CPU I tried everything you posted i think.
Everytime I plug the system or power it on, the green power light comes on the MB
and both the system and CPU fan run and nothing is displayed on the moniter
.the keyboard flashes one time when I turn it on but thats it I have power going to the CD drive
, mouse and keyboard. I do hear 3 beeps after I took out the memory cards
, I tried using a new one in a different slot with no luck.I have a Matrox G450 Dual 32MB video card
which i tested in a different MB which works fine. i have tried 3 different PSUs with no luck.
Please help josers300zx

Edited by Murray S., 27 July 2009 - 08:13 AM.

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Has it ever worked, or is this a new build? If new, I would pull the motherboard and make sure there are no extra standoffs or foreign objects (like an extra screw) under the board.

The green motherboard LED indicates the required +5Vsb voltage is present, and to remind you to NEVER pull or insert hardware, especially RAM, with the PSU plugged in. So that LED is fine. However, the fans should not spinning just by plugging the system in, UNLESS you have changed the BIOS Setup Menu options and enabled "Boot After Power Failure" (it might say something similar).

3 Beeps on Intel boards indicates memory problems. Do you get the beeps with the RAM installed? Is that RAM correct for that motherboard?