Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista will not re-connect to wireless after sleep/hibernation

• Please log in to reply

pdoneill

pdoneill

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello all,

I've exhausted all my expertise, and will be extremely grateful for any help you can provide. I have a Gateway MT3705 laptop that's running Vista Home Premium. When the computer sleeps or hibernates, the wireless connection will not reconnect to the Internet. I've updated (and rolled back) the wireless card drivers, turned off the Allow Windows to disable for power saving option, reset the TCP/IP stack, and set up a task to renew the IP upon system resume. Nothing will restart the connection short of a complete system reboot. The card in question is a Realtek 8185... Does anyone have any insight? I've included the HijackThis below.

Thanks in advance.

-pdoneill

Removed HJT Log

Advertisements

Octagonal

Octagonal

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
I don't see any malware in the HJT log. However, if you feel that this issue could be malware related please follow the instructions this topic and post the requested logs in the Virus, Spyware and Trojan Removal forum. :)