Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Setting up network, lost internet connection

• Please log in to reply

iron mum

iron mum

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
I have two computers, Acer 5630EZ laptop and a PC i built myself, both run vista home premium.
Both are connected to the livebox-8A30 the laptop is wireless and the PC erthenet connected.
I have been trying to set up a network between the two for file sharing but have to admit it is my first attempt so have read as much as possible on the net.
All seemed to be going well until I found I have lost my conection on the PC.
I have done all I can think of including checking the cables but am still at a loss, two system restores did not help either as both times I was told that some files were missing so it could not complete the restore properly.
I have got it connected via the local connection but I can't gain access to the net as my connection is classed as unknown network (Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controler) so have limited access.
It keeps trying to connect to broadband connection shared (WAN Miniport(PPPOE) )
All was fine last night when I switched off so what happened.

Advertisements