Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error (0x8007000E) Vista 64-bit

• Please log in to reply

TaraLeigh75

TaraLeigh75

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Nada--doesn't say there's any errors on the vista startup.

Advertisements

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Ok then try running sfc from the command prompt on the disk and see if you get the same error as before.

You can find out how to get to the command prompt on the disk using the guide in my previous post.

TaraLeigh75

TaraLeigh75

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Okay---I managed to get overdrive off my system with revo-uninstaller. Got it on a flash drive and managed to run it from the flash drive. (since I still can't install or uninstall without the revo program, obviously this didn't fix it)

Still have the uninstall error.
Still can't go back to restore point.

I did get into the cmd via the repair screen, but I'm getting ANOTHER error through the cmd.

x:\windows\system32\sfc /scannow
Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. Restart Windows and run sfc again.

I've rebooted 3 times. Still this error comes up on the sfc scan.

TaraLeigh75

TaraLeigh75

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Thank you so much for your help.

I think I finally got everything to work all right.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949220

Scrolled down to:

Let me fix it myself
To restore your operating system to the original installation default security settings, follow these steps:

Note This solution does not apply to Windows XP Home Edition, or Windows Vista Home Basic and Home Premium editions. To restore security settings for Home editions, you can use the Fix it, System Restore, or a backup.

1. Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then press ENTER.
2. In Windows XP, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\repair\secsetup.inf /db secsetup.sdb /verbose

In Windows Vista, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbose

You receive a "Task is completed" message and a warning message that something could not be done. You can safely ignore this message. For more information about this message, see the %windir%\Security\Logs\Scesrv.log file.

This fix finally worked in the end. I ran it twice before, but somehow---it randomly worked when I gave it another try tonight.

Just wanted to let you know.

THANK YOU!
And...I didn't even have lose any of my programs/work!

Edited by TaraLeigh75, 02 August 2009 - 12:31 AM.

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Fantastic News :)

Thanks for letting me know, and sorry I haven't replied for a while I've been away from the PC for a bit.

If you haven any more problems then post back and we will try and figure it out. Well done again :)

TaraLeigh75

TaraLeigh75

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
No problem, we all have lives away from the computer. LOL Sometimes it doesn't FEEL like it, but we do.
:)

Guess you can close me up! I even re-downloaded overdrive and it works perfectly.
LOL
Gotta just LOOOVE Vista.

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Haha its nice to know someone else feels like they live at a PC all day :)

And its good to see overdrive is going ok to. Its going to be one of those things that's never solved and no reason will be found to safely say what went wrong, it just did...that seems to be how Vista works. No one knows how it just does :)