Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Remote Tech software

• Please log in to reply

RussellV

RussellV

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Good Morning Everyone,

My sister just got a new PC and had a couple problems with it, first thing she did was uninstall Norton, she "didn't like it". I personally can't blame her but she has no protection now on a HP less than 24 hours old. I sent her a new virus scanner but she is not confident enough to download it and install it, and her husband will not so anything past email and ebay.

My problem is, I am looking for a way to log into her PC and install/uninstall, add/delete files and run programs like defrag/cleanup programs, etc. I found one called WebEx but no real description of what it will allow me to do. I know most of them have a monthly fee, I can get most of the stuff I need done in a few hours if it is a fully functional trial.

Anyone have any ideas for me? We are both on cable, so internet speed shouldn't be a problem. She is on Vista(32) I am on Win7(32). I think that is all the info I have this early in the morning.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

Advertisements

RussellV

RussellV

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
I think I found a solution. For some reason I got more search results than I did this morning.

Any input will still be appreciated but I think we are going to try Ultra VNC.

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Hi,

I know a couple of people on this board and myself use Crossloop.

Its practically the same as windows remote desktop and allows all of the same features rg uinstalling installing etc.

Its free and you can get it Here. Basically it creates a code and they enter your code and then it allows the connection. Fairly simple, you just have to organise a time to both be on.

The only issue I have up to now is that you have to turn User Account Control off before hand other wise it will crash the application.