Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox Download Freeze

• Please log in to reply

Larkhillv

Larkhillv

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I don't know if it's because I'm using Vista 64-bit, and FireFox doesn't make a 64-bit program or what, but my browser keeps freezing whenever I try to download something. It gets to about 100% and then freezes before it finishes "scanning for viruses" and junk. Does anyone know why this keeps happening?

I tried using DownloadThemAll, a download manager for FF, but it froze again but it unfroze after a minute or two...

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Can you download in IE?
Johanna

Larkhillv

Larkhillv

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I just tried downloading in IE, and it froze as well. I just got a brand new laptop, I don't see how I could have broken it already =(

I just downloaded Vuze, and it didn't freeze. The program I tried downloading before was ManyCam, so perhaps it is the program? I heard that it was a virus free and trustworthy application, but apparently my computer doesn't like it for some reason... I hope downloading doesn't free my browser again with other applications.

Edited by Larkhillv, 29 July 2009 - 10:12 PM.