Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

\?\c:\windows\system32\drivers\tmcomm.sy

• Please log in to reply

cheeta

cheeta

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Been struggling with video and malware problems. Malware seems taken care of, video still horrible.

Anway, cruising through Windows XP, I ran across the below. My malware guru in the other forum said I should ask ya'll.

Does any of this mean anything?...

abiosdsk Abiosdsk Not Available Kernel Driver No Disabled Stopped OK Ignore No No
aticdsdr ATICDSDr \??\c:\docume~1\cheeta\locals~1\temp\aticdsdr.sys Kernel Driver No Manual Stopped OK Normal No No
bcmntio BCMNTIO \??\c:\progra~1\checkit\diagno~1\bcmntio.sys Kernel Driver Yes Auto Running OK Normal No Yes
bvrp_pci bvrp_pci Not Available Kernel Driver No Manual Stopped OK Normal No No
mapmem MAPMEM \??\c:\progra~1\checkit\diagno~1\mapmem.sys Kernel Driver Yes Auto Running OK Normal No Yes
tmcomm tmcomm \??\c:\windows\system32\drivers\tmcomm.sys Kernel Driver Yes Auto Running OK Normal No Yes

Also had these errors...
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7034
Date: 7/31/2009
Time: 7:32:59 AM
User: N/A
Computer: D7XZDG41
Description:
The COM+ System Application service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 6 time(s).

Event Type: Error
Event Source: COM+
Event Category: Unknown
Event ID: 4689
Date: 7/31/2009
Time: 7:32:59 AM
User: N/A
Computer: D7XZDG41
Description:
The run-time environment has detected an inconsistency in its internal state. This indicates a potential instability in the process that could be caused by the custom components running in the COM+ application, the components they make use of, or other factors. Error in f:\xpsp3\com\com1x\src\comsvcs\txprop\dtcinfo.cpp(158), hr = 8000ffff: TransactionManager->GetWhereaboutsSize

Interesting since I don't have an "f" drive.

Edited by cheeta, 31 July 2009 - 03:34 PM.

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Hello cheeta,

The F drive could be a USB stick, or a CD-Player.
In this case the F-drive had some XP-SP3 files on it. Or so it seems.

Does any of this mean anything?...

abiosdsk Abiosdsk Not Available Kernel Driver No Disabled Stopped OK Ignore No No
aticdsdr ATICDSDr \??\c:\docume~1\cheeta\locals~1\temp\aticdsdr.sys Kernel Driver No Manual Stopped OK Normal No No
bcmntio BCMNTIO \??\c:\progra~1\checkit\diagno~1\bcmntio.sys Kernel Driver Yes Auto Running OK Normal No Yes
bvrp_pci bvrp_pci Not Available Kernel Driver No Manual Stopped OK Normal No No
mapmem MAPMEM \??\c:\progra~1\checkit\diagno~1\mapmem.sys Kernel Driver Yes Auto Running OK Normal No Yes
tmcomm tmcomm \??\c:\windows\system32\drivers\tmcomm.sys Kernel Driver Yes Auto Running OK Normal No Yes

Where did you find this exactly? And was there perhaps some information in the top columns? :)

Regards,
Olrik

cheeta

cheeta

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Hey Artellos,
No stick drive. My dvd player/recorders are in D and E drives.
I don't remember where I found the info. I have been through so many troubleshooting steps.
I think it was a boot initialization record, but not sure how I got there.
C

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Hmm, the above described information doesn't specifically tell me anything about video, though.
You say your video is horrible. What exactly is horrible?!

Regards,
Olrik

cheeta

cheeta

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Dealing with the video in another post.
http://www.geekstogo...ms-t246523.html
Stuff like horizontal lines running through desktop icons, an array of squares on the windows startup page, etc.

The problems mentioned about the "f drive?" are not related. At least I don't think they are. Those errors were something I just happened to run across that I thought were odd.

Don't worry about it.

C

Edited by cheeta, 05 August 2009 - 06:12 PM.