Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mozilla Firefox Issue *sigh*

• Please log in to reply

CaramelBliss*

CaramelBliss*

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
okay, so as suggested, I'm trying to down;oad mozilla firefox onto my laptop to use. But I get to the end and it says
"Firefox could not install this item because of a failure in Chrome Registration. Please contact the author about this problem."

What the heck does this even mean?? I had it installed earlier for a try and it worked for all of 6 minute before every site started saying "server failor". CAn anyone help me out please? Are there any other free web browsers that work just as well and explorer??

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Does the error happen during Firefox installation?

CaramelBliss*

CaramelBliss*

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Well, it says that it's installed. Then when i click that I don't want my cookies copied from windows explorer and click ok, a chrome register thingy pops up saying that. I don't get it. Also, I was curious about something else, do you have to be connected to a network to use any browser? I thought you didn't for firefox or any other browser besides explorer. Yeah, I know, I'm a bit stupid in the techi department. Lol

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
What do you mean by network? Internet?

it says that it's installed. Then when i click that I don't want my cookies copied from windows explorer and click ok

Close Firefox. Right click on Firefox, and click "Run as Administrator". See, if it helps.

CaramelBliss*

CaramelBliss*

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Oh! Well, there you have it. Thanks alot, buddy.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Cool :)
From now on, you should be able to start it normally by simply double clicking on the icon.

CaramelBliss*

CaramelBliss*

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Thanks so much, Broni. You've been a huge help. :)

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
:)