Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of Duty UO MP

• Please log in to reply

Rec_gamer

Rec_gamer

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi,

I know this is an older game but I've yet to upgrade so I still enjoy the Multiplayer games. However, I've been having trouble with the UO expansion. It worked for a while and then stopped. It won't even start up. When I try to run it, it looks like it is trying to connect/open but the screen just flashes a few times and it says CoDUOMP has stopped working.

I have read there are problems with running it on Vista but I don't know if there have been any solutions determined. I don't know if that's even the problem because, like I said, it was working fine for a while and then this happened. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it was working for a couple of days and now it's having problems.

I've tried running it as administrator, in compatability mode (Win XP, 2000), and even tried running it off one of the 4 processors (as I heard that multiple processors can cause problems). I have the latest patch downloaded too.

Any ideas? :)
Thanks!

Advertisements

Rec_gamer

Rec_gamer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Well, maybe this means no one plays this game anymore?? :)

Raurtom

Raurtom

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have exactly the same problem, and the strange thing cod 1 normal works fine.. I have been able to play it for ages before on my laptop and just don't get what's going on, I tried practically everything from running in comp. mode reinstalling nothing works it's doing my head in.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
can you both please provide more information, especially error messages? The game does work under vista. I, my self, have played it for some time without any issues.

kempokiai

kempokiai

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the same exact problem. COD 1 works bu COD UO doesnt work and flickers the same way. Did exactly what these guys did but still doesnt work.

Specs

Hp Pavilion DV6 Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz
Hard Drive: 285Gb
RAM: 3.00Gb
Video Card: Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Windows Vista SP1

Any Help would be great since I haven't gotten my CODUO fix in quite sometime
Thanks~