Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Post Your Theme Add-ons, etc...

• Please log in to reply

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
What is your theme? Simple and fast? Elegant? Or, do you prefer a Cutting Edge Modern theme like me? See how cool of a theme you can come up with, or just post your existing theme. Here is mine...

Posted Image

I use Blue Fox Theme 0.8 for Firefox and BloodThunder 1.0.1 for Thunderbird(email client). Instead of cluttering up my desktop with icons, I use Rocketdock 1.3.5 (seen at the bottom of image).

Installing add-ons and programs such as these can slow down your computer. Make sure you have enough resources to still enjoy your computer before using features like this. i.e. Rocketdock

Edited by Ferrari, 31 July 2009 - 07:20 PM.

Advertisements

xMP44x

xMP44x

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Mine isn't really that special. I don't have Mozilla Thunderbird, so I can't display it. I have the Default theme on my Firefox and I have a custom theme on my RocketDock (version 1.3.5). The skin is called 'Marble Shelf'. I found it on RocketDock's site : Click Here for RocketDock's site

Posted Image

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I have a smiley and frowney face in my tray notification area. If I'm happy with Microsoft I can press the smiley and tell them. Similarly, if I'm annoyed with them I can press the frowney and let fly!

It's part of Office 2010 Technical Preview, and a pretty neat idea! So far I've sent two smileys and no frowneys.

Does that count?

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Yeah I had heard about that smiley face thing. That counts. I change the way my desktop looks all the time. I don't like it to look the same very often. I love how in 7 you can have it change the background how ever often you like, that's nice.

The skin is called 'Marble Shelf'. I found it on RocketDock's site : Click Here for RocketDock's site

I changed to the marble shelf, I really like it! I tried some other themes for the dock out, but they didn't seem to match up well with my icons. I think you have to download icon packages and stuff too, but I'm lazy so that's not gonna happen anytime soon. haha.

Troy, you afraid to post your desktop? You don't want to show off that plain gray Windows 2000 look? :) :)

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Actually It's not at the moment, it's the full fancy effect. I'll post it later, I've been pretty busy and didn't want to do the whole screenshot-resize-upload-link.

Just call me lazy. I'll get to it. :)