Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound not working after moving computer

• Please log in to reply

mushrooms

mushrooms

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi

The sound on my computer stopped working after i moved it. I checked all the cables & i'm pretty sure they're all plugged into the right places. I also tried plugging head phones in, but that didn't work either.

The reason i moved it, was because my wireless randomly stopped working. It's still not working, i've got it plugged into my modem via a cable and that works.

In terms of viruses. I've run "Superantispyware", "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware", "spybot search and destroy". I also have "AVAST" and "Spyware Blaster". Still no sound.

Any thoughts

Thank-you

Advertisements

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
Sorry for the late reply...

Check your device manager for any yellow ! or ? marks ...
to check... Click on Start and then Run...Type in devmgmt.msc and then press Enter

If you have a sound card it may have gotten loose once you moved the computer. You can try taking it off the motherboard and pushing it back in. You may also have an old pc where the soundcard has a small cable that attached to the motherboard or cd drives. That cable could have come loose. Check all that stuff out!

Edited by superstar, 13 August 2009 - 10:20 AM.