Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Files opening from wrong place, keys not doing the right thing

• Please log in to reply

karen189

karen189

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have been using Spotify on my laptop for ages, today when I tried to run it, it came up with this

Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access this item.

But it says the address of the file is C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\Spotifyupgrader.exe but C:\WINDOWS\TEMP does not exist on my computer the actual address of the spotify.exe file is in My downloads.

As well as that some other weird stuff has been happening, when I was using Word the keys just started doing completly the wrong thing. I would press delete and it would bring up the reference side bar, pressing backspace deleted everything I had written. If I closed word and started it again it would go back to normal but only for a short while. Just now when I was writing this post the same thing happened, I couldn't type anything and when I pressed t the tools menu opened.

I have scanned for viruses and nothing comes up, any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

Advertisements