Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fault Bucket/Hanging Application

• Please log in to reply

the duke

the duke

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I recently became unable to make any contact with Golflogix's sever and they say the problem is at my end. This may be true as under "Source" I get "Hanging Application" and under "Description" I get either "Fault Bucket 176498169" or "Hanging Application Course Manager exe Version 0.0.0.0. Hang Module Hungapp. Version0.0.0.0. Hang address 0x00000000". Can I clear this up?

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try uninstalling GolfLogix...then reinstall it...

the duke

the duke

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks. I reloaded, but nothing changed?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try system restore...go back to before you started having problems...

the duke

the duke

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks again HR. I am unable to restore prior to the date I began having this problem, now I have two problems as restore is on the fritz as well.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
restore points are linked so if one restore point is bad...they are all bad ...the only fix for this is to turn off restore and then turn it back on again and the manually create a new restore point and then test it to make sure it works...this should be done on a regular schedule ...better to know if its actually working now rather than later when you really need it only to discover its broke and does nothing...
a little insurance I use and recommend is ERUNT... (Emergency Recovery Utility NT) allows you to keep a complete backup of your registry and restore it when needed. The standard registry backup options that come with Windows back up most of the registry but not all of it. ERUNT however creates a complete backup set, including the Security hive and user related sections. ERUNT is easy to use and since it creates a full backup, there are no options or choices other than to select the location of the backup files. The backup set includes a small executable that will launch the registry restore if needed....the added benifit is each restore point you create using ERUNT is its a stand alone restore point ...it is totally independent of the others...
get it here...

To remove all restore points except the most recent restore point, follow these steps...

Click Start... then My Computer...Right click the drive you want to free up space...usually C: and then click Properties... Click the General tab... and then click Disk Cleanup...
Click the More Options tab...and then under System Restore... click Clean up...
Click Yes to remove all but the most recent restore point...
Click OK,...click Yes to proceed with this action, and then click OK...
if you have a large hard drive like 160 Gb or larger...lower the amount of space restore can use from the default setting of 12 % to about 3 % or 4%...got a 750 GB or terabyte drive...drop it to 1 or 2 %

the duke

the duke

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks! I took care of the restore issue, per your guidance. On another site I found info suggesting that if I RUN “rundll32.exe setupapi, InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 C:\windows\inf\ie.inf” my problem with fault bucket and hanging applications will go away. However, when I run that quote I get a box stating that –“The file ‘I EXPLORE EXE’ on Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3CD is needed.” I can’t find the path where that file is located. I downloaded Service pack 3. Any suggestions as to where ‘I EXPLORE EXE’ on Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3CD is located? If not thanks for taking the time to offer your earlier help.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
run sfc /scannow...
if you don't have a xp cd you will have to borrow one from a friend or coworker...
it has to be the same flavor of xp you have installed...IE: if you have xp pro...the one you borrow has to be xp pro

How to use Scannow sfc...

To do this click on start...run...then type in...sfc /scannow

NOTE..the single space between sfc and /

This command will immediately initiate the Windows File Protection service to scan all protected files and verify their integrity, replacing any files with which it finds a problem.