Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer crashing (Even while not gaming now)

• Please log in to reply

Rx7_HKS

Rx7_HKS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
/bump

Advertisements

Rx7_HKS

Rx7_HKS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
I did some research last night on what it could've been and came across the program 'Regcure' as everyone with that problem seems to use. To much surprise it scanned a little over 1600 errors in my registry and fixed them all. I was glad when this happened, however, just a while ago I started installing a game onto my computer and it crashed again. Everything froze in motion along with audio and hit the blue screen, this time I was able to catch the whole error message:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

What does this mean, how can I fix this?

*Edit* Also would like to add that there are tidbits of problems in addition to everything that I do. For example, my ATI Catalyst control center no longer opens up when I want it to. My DVD/CD-R drive no longer reads DVD's but reads CD-R's. My Avast! Anti-Virus On-Access protection center stopped working after a crash and no longer worked even after a reinstall so I then switched to Avira AntiVir. When I tried reinstalling World of Warcraft by means of CD-R's it installed improperly. When I plug in my Mp3 player iTunes gives me an error saying that my iPod could not be synced due to an error reading it, however, this isn't the case on other PC's where it works just fine.

There just seems to be repercussions to everything I do. Do I have to reformat?

Edited by Rx7_HKS, 02 August 2009 - 07:06 PM.

Rx7_HKS

Rx7_HKS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Okay, new problem... So after saving all of my important files onto an external, I can't even reformat because my Windows Vista CD is a DVD ROM and it won't read it at the boot, nor recognize it at all. This is really frustrating and now I feel like I'm talking to myself in this post. =/

I've been surfing alot of threads on this forum on this particular issue alone to hopefully save you guys any further assisting me on the problem, one link in particular http://www.geekstogo...cs-t244098.html

I've tried all 4 steps that Broni mentioned in that thread and neither seems to work. Uninstalled the Actual CD-R/DVD Rom itself and rebooted, the ATA channels, the Windows Fixit, and the Cdgone reg patch. I have a HitachiLG-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4482B ATA Device. I aplogize again for all the help that I've been asking for, thanks. =/

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
Sorry for the delay. Keep in mind, we're all volunteers here. If you've been waiting for at least 72 hours, post in the Waiting Room.

We do not recommend using registry cleaners here at Geeks To Go... They often break more things than they fix.

It sounds like your crashing problems are most likely related to a driver problem, corrupted system files, or something else software-related. In short, your best option at this point would probably be to back up your data files and reinstall Vista.

Make sure you have your computer set in the BIOS to boot from your DVD drive. If it still won't boot from your Vista installation DVD, your DVD drive is probably dying, and you'll need to get a new one.

Rx7_HKS

Rx7_HKS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Yeah I think I will do that. I've been doing research on the Harddrive and many people seem to have the same problem with that specific model of dvd/cdr drive.

Anyway, I thank you for your patience in helping me throughout the week, I really appreciate it. :)