Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista Upgrade Problem

• Please log in to reply

Troisiemement

Troisiemement

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I am currently trying to upgrade from windows Xp professional to windows Vista Ultimate x86 edition. I have tried doing a clean install and upgrade, neither seem to work because A:The installtion process freezes and the computer is unable to resume the process when I have to manually restart it. I am experiencing this problem for both the clean install and the upgrade. I am trying to upgrade in particular because it seems to have more luck than a fresh install which is strange to me. My system specs are as follows: Video Card: ATI Radeo HD 4850, 500gig SATA harddrive, Motherboard foxconn p9657ab which is vista compatible, 3 gigs ram, 650 potentcy power supply. I am not sure what else to list, let me know if you need anymore information. Any help at all would be really appreciative, thank you all.

Advertisements

Troisiemement

Troisiemement

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Nvm, found the golden ticket. just had to disable EIST, odd.