Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wireless connection problems

• Please log in to reply

troyshallive

troyshallive

• Pip
  • 1 posts
ok now where to begin i do not know allot so step by step would be extremely helpfull

i have reciently tried to connect to a wireless netgear router to have it say and i quote
"windos was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network"
so i tried a google seacrh and found this site tried going to network connections, properties of wireless connections, wireless networks tab, selecting what i am sure is my routers name and hitting properties buttion, going to the authentication tab, and disabling the IEEE 802.1x authentication.

but even after this the connection states and i quote "limited or no connectivity" i click details and a box comes up saying the detales of the connection filled in ALL BUT the DNS server and the WINS server it also suggests i should try to repair connection when i do it seems to get stuck on renewing your ipadress then tells me it cannon completely repair because the action "renewing your ipadress cannot be completed."

pardon my spelling and grammer any assistance would be most welcome but please try t do it in a step by step manner :)

Advertisements

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
Have you configured your router at all or changed any default settings? What is your router model?