Here is my dilema -
About 2 days ago my laptop stopped allowing me to connect to the internet. I am able to use all of my chat software but web browsers do not work. I have tried both IE and Firefox. All I continue to get is a Connection Interrupted "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading. "
Laptop specs -
Windows Vista 64
Intel Core 2 Duo P7450 2.13ghz
Things I know and have done -
1. There is no problem with connection to the internet from any other computer (I am currently using my desktop and sitting next to me is the laptop which wont work)
2. Fails while trying to connect to web browsers via wireless
3. Fails the same during a direct connect to the router
4. Fails with firewalls and antivirus disabled
5. Even though it will not connect through web browsers, it still will PING with no problems to www.yahoo.com
6. Have gone through steps listed - http://www.geekstogo...uide-t2852.html and no problems were found by the programs
7. Have gone through the steps listed - http://www.geekstogo...ed-t227344.html and nothing changed
8. Disabled DHCP and tried a static IP to the router and it still did not work
What am I missing?