Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Help with linksys router

• Please log in to reply

p1c0

p1c0

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi I was trying to setup my linksys BEFW11S4 Wireless-b router but wasn't able to, the reason why is simple... I used to live with some friends, and we used this router so tha twe could all connect in the apartment. A couple of months ago I moved back with my family and as I had no need for the router I just stored it. I bought a notebook recently and well, I need to set this thing up so that I can get online. One of my roommates was the one who set it up, and now I really have no idea how to install it. I guess the main reason of this is because as I unshelved the thing I realized that the installation cd and any instructions were gone... So I went onto linksys.com and searched for any software or drivers they could have that I could download and all I could find were "firmware upgrades". I know that with no software this may prove to be quite a troublesome task, so I came here to ask for help and/or a site where I can find the software needed. I tried to connect it without any software at all, but the computer received no information whatsoever from the net it seemed... I would Really appreciate anyone helping me with my annoyance.

Advertisements

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
welcome to GTG
I think if you go to the linksys page and download the setup wizard from the fireware page is what you need to do to setup your router thats all I need when I set up mine. mine is not a wireless one.
<_<

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
if you have windows XP you dont need the disks, just run the network setup wizard

p1c0

p1c0

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Yeah, I really was new to installing the thing, but everything worked out... Thnx for the attention.