Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound card suggestions?

• Please log in to reply

CkY2K

CkY2K

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey everyone, just joined this forum because i thought i could suck up a lot of information about computers.

I am currently looking for a decent sound card for my computer i just built a few months back. Right now im using on-board sound on my Gigabyte EP45-DS3L Motherboard and it is pretty weak, my sound is very low when all volume controls are set to max. Anyways, If you have any suggestions on decent sound cards for around 50$ i would really appreciate it.

Here are some specs of my computer if they help at all :

Mobo : Gigabyte EP45-DS3L
CPU : Intel Q8200 2.33Ghz x4 Quad Core

Thanks in advance, Ck-

Edited by CkY2K, 03 August 2009 - 09:38 AM.

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
You should have no problem getting lots of volume from Gigabytes on-board sound so there is something wrong there. Are you sure everything is connected properly, the amplified speakers are powered up, and the audio output settings are not muted or set too low?

CkY2K

CkY2K

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
First off, thanks for the quick reply. Second, im positive its all up and i dont use speakers i mainly use a headset.. and i like it loud. I just bought a Creative Fatality gaming headset it should be here soon. If you have teamviewer would you care to look at the HD Audio manager settings? If not thats fine i understand people are busy.

Again, thanks for the fast reply and i look forward to more replies.

Take care, Ck-

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
I think you should borrow a set of speakers and see if they work.

CkY2K

CkY2K

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I have speakers they are loud.. its my headset that is the problem it doesnt go high at all the speakers go very high.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

I have speakers they are loud.. its my headset that is the problem it doesnt go high at all the speakers go very high.

Then I would be looking at a new headset before looking at new sound card. Have you tried that headset in another computer?

CkY2K

CkY2K

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
No, its a cheap-o from walmart 17.88 i just bought a Creative Fatality gaming headset will be here in a few days.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

No, its a cheap-o from walmart

Hmmm, well, I would sure trust a Gigabyte motherboard over a cheap headset. Keep us posted when the new one comes in.

CkY2K

CkY2K

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Will do, thanks for the help.