Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Scanned Doc Problems

• Please log in to reply

polling

polling

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
Hi Guys

I scan a lot of documents

I scan docs with my HP PSC Printer

After i scan the doc its comes out as a jpg

How do i scan a doc and make it come out as a pdf?

I have to forward docs so they can be opened up

And because i have Foxit for Firefox i get a lot of complaints from people who tell me they can't open my docs

Can someone tell me how do i scan a doc and turn it into a pdf that people can open? Like Adobe

Thanks In Advance

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Scanners are primarily designed for scanning pictures and copies of documents in and saving as JPEG format.
What you want to do is scan a document in and have it come out as a PDF file. You need a technology called OCR - Optical Character Recognition.

What OCR effectively does is read the document and type it into a word processing program. It's that file you need to make a PDF of, not the scan that you've made.
OCR is supposed by most scanners - there should be a program on the CD that came with it to do OCR with - but it's not 100% foolproof or accurate, especially if the source is damaged, - you will need to proof-read it otherwise you'll be sending out broken English documents.