Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows server AD "server not operational"

• Please log in to reply

joe_azer

joe_azer

• Pip
  • 9 posts
hi all,
My win2k server is my dns, DHCP and AD.

all of a sudden i cannot access my AD users and computers and i get this error message:
error.jpg

all my users are working fine, dns seems fine coz all the users can log on their AD accounts and lease IPs from the DHCP

i googled this around and all i found was stuff about tcp/ip filtering and that i should permit all. but that option is not enabled already on my tcp/ip.

i can't seem to find any workarounds for this.
any help would be appreciated.

thanks in advnace :)

Advertisements

joe_azer

joe_azer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
anyone? :|

NexRad

NexRad

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
:) Hello joe_azer and thank you for coming to Geeks To Go! I do apologize about the wait you are experiencing right now. I am trying to do some research into this issue as well as contact some acquaintances that may be able to help us out with this.

:) Thank you so much for your understanding,

joe_azer

joe_azer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
thanks to you for caring to clarify :)
problem is still as is and i'm trying to look around too :|

NexRad

NexRad

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Hello again, joe_azer and thank you for your understanding and continued patience.

I see that on the Windows 2000 Service site that there are updates, such as SP4, that are currently available. With that in mind I was wondering if any updates, either automatic or manual, been done to the server in the few days leading up to you receiving this error?

joe_azer

joe_azer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
nope.
none what so ever.

NexRad

NexRad

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Hello joe_azer, please go to the Windows 2000 Service site and update your server to SP4. After that update, restart all users and attempt to locate the AD computers. Please reply with your findings.

joe_azer

joe_azer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
well just to update this, i didn do anything, a couple of restarts and it's back to normal.

weird much? lol